View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 04:27 PM   #13
Aaron817
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2022 Icon i40FL programming ? - Motor shows 6600RPM MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunghoGolf View Post
My 2022 i40L came from the factory 2 weeks ago, has firmware version 200, and has the 7,200 rpm limit. Has a top speed of 33-34.

As an aside, I’ve been trying almost everything in the programming to get it faster, including changes to gear ratio and tire size, but it’s pretty clear that the rpm limit combined with your actual tire diameter is the limiting factor. Could probably squeeze it up to 35-36 with larger tires (running Street Fox 23s now), but it wouldn’t be worth it.

If they really have lowered the rpm limit to 6,600, they’re hurting their main competitive advantage in my opinion.
I talked to someone at Icon and they said yes that was what they were being set to, but I still do not 100% trust them. I kinda feel like they were just trying to blow me off. The i40FL is closer to an i60, so maybe it is just the bigger carts they are changing(?), but to me I would think those would be the ones you would want to allow the maximum RPM because they are heavier and limit it on the lighter carts. But who knows maybe it was a safety thing :(
Aaron817 is offline   Reply With Quote