View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
1sikcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My Build Thread (many ???'s inside)

Cart 2006 EZ GO TXT- 2010 batteries paid $1450

So i've been on here a while reading up on how to lower these carts. i've read all the good threads on it, but now that i've started this process i am thinking i'm in over my head

Plan is:
-disassemble body for paint: DONE
(unsure of color, blue of some sort)
-Tinted fold down windshield
-Headlight and LED taillight kit
-12' wheels w/ 215/35 tires
-lower rear with 2x2 blocks
-remove bag rack
-new rear bumper
-the problem!! lowering the front??

So last night i tried to flip the front springs but i can only get the body mount to line up. It seems like the angle where the leaf bolts to the axle is opposite? Are my leafs shot? Or do i need to "convince" it more? The bolt is off line once inserted through the bottom of the leaf??

Next question is struts, i bought the same struts from Summit that 'hotcat' used on his. But then i read some others i seen i can run the Monroe struts that are 2in shorter but don't require welding. (no welder) So would i be better off returning the air struts and go with the monroe's? Which would mean just flip the springs and install Monroes = DONE?

I have heated car springs to lower them. Has anyone ever tried to heat leafs to lower it?? I know its a long shot but i figured i had to ask. What do you think would happen?

Do i have to cut the steering shaft 2in shorter? I assume yes but how do remove it? Where should i take it to get cut?

I am sure people are gonna say figure it out on your own but i'm strapped for time i have 2 weeks to get this done and my wife is ready to kill me for ruining a cart we saved for all winter. And she wants the garage back for her car

I'll put up pics this week of progress, I just need some answers cause i'm really starting not to want to lower it. BUT I WANT 2 SOOOO BAD!!

feel free to PM me with tips or post up

thanks for any help, pics coming soon....
1sikcart is offline   Reply With Quote