Thread: street legal?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #19
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Default Re: street legal?

Bad news,

Hotwatermusic and other FLorida residents. I emailed 2 golf cart dealers that claim to specialize in "Street Legal Carts" What I came back with between the two fo them in a nutshell was something like:

"When all the Florida law is digested you it is made clear the purpose of NEV's, LSV's and street legal golf cart if for the purpose of being Green firendly meaning electric and not gas powered. The only type of cart we sell street legal, because thge only kind of cart you can register street legal in Florida is electric"

They both also stated "Our living is made of selling cart and 50% of those sales are for street legal carts. We need to know the law to sell carts and feed our families. If there was a way to register and insure gas carts legally in this state we would know about it, and our sales would probably go up 30-50%...we have lost many potential sales and customers because people want gas powered carts fro the range #1, #2 most people are comfortable trouble shooting and fixing gas but dont know electricity, and #3 its easier to get reliable performance out of a gas cart than electric....but electric is all we have to work with at this time and I dont see the law changing"

Now I have a gut who most probably know in the cart world who states he has customers with gas powered carts that are "Stickered" and drive on the road in under 35 zones. I gather his term of stickered means legally registered in the state. Im keeping my fingers crossed that he is correct and will tell me how to get to this point but to be honest Im guessing he is mistaken.

I will try to keep any information I learn current. Please do the same.
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote