Thread: street legal?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #14
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Default Re: street legal?

Hotwatermusic,

Im in the same boat as you are living in FLorida and trying to find out how to register a cart street legal (regardless of whether othe rpeople like the idea or not; its really none of thier business).

Anyway I will share what I know.

Cart dealer and rental guy close to me stated Florida is the only probolem state. Accoridng to this guy he has spoke with the top level of Managements at the Florida DMV. The state will alllow an electric cart to be registered if it meets Federal guidelines. All other states can regiester Gas and electric. So according to this guy he states if a cart was registered out of state with a title etc and then brought in state the DMV told him they would have no choice but to register the cart as well.

Furthermore there is another cart forum where the owner indicated that many of his customers have "stickers" for thier carts and drive them to the beach.

The serial # thing isnt true to best of my knowledge as I do know of an electric limo cart registered in the state and the owner stated they used the serial # and added zero's before the number.

Im waiting for a contact from suppossedly some guys who have gas powered carts registered in the state. If I find out the info I will PM you or post what have found.
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote