View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #1
AGECS
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT not starting/pumping fuel

Hey im new here, ive been reading for a while but decided to post tonight. I have a lifted ezgo txt (not sure the year, I got it without a body but im sure its not past 2007) that will turn over but not start. Its not pumping fuel and ive tested suctioning fuel from the carberator end of the fuel line and it passes threw the filter (which was new) and the pump easily. I removed the carb and I get suction from the block and ive even installed a brand new carb from another brand new engine that I have (same Robin 295). I did notice a white wire coming off of a part I am not sure what it is. Its closest to the front about 4 inches higher and 3 inches toward the front than the pulser coil. Looking down at the engine it has a round top with a somewhat bumpy diameter and has 1 white 14AWG wire that is screwed into the center. I did try cleaning the original carb out with carb cleaner blowing right into it while cranking the engine and it started to start up and jump forward about 5 feet (even while in neutral..it was late I probably didnt have the knob all the way in the middle) so that led me to believe it was the carb. I also have bypassed the puel pump with both lines (1 at a time) and the pulse line sucks gas easily but the fuel line didnt change..any ideas?
AGECS is offline   Reply With Quote