View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My ezgo build (on air)

So I finally got enough along on the cart to start a build. I work at a stereo shop and when times are slow and I'm between customer's vehicles, I have been slowly working on this newly acquired cart. It's an ezgo txt and that's about all I know. The vin plate was painted over and I can't find anything else with a date on it. Seems to be a DCS cart because of the location of the f and r switch and it having a run/tow switch. And it's pre-2001 because of the older style steering. I picked it up for $800 and I quickly found out that I got royally screwed over. It's got some frame rot and the battery tray is toast. The batteries and electronics are good but it Ned's a lot of factory parts. I didn't really know what I was looking for when I first inspected. I've learned a lot in the past month or so since we bought it. Well anyway onto the pics.

Here it is at work

I started tearing it apart

I found a golf cart shop/ezgo dealer that's only like 25 minutes from the house. They are super cool and let me get a take off body for $75. And they gave me a sweater basket with all the brackets for free!

And heres where I found the reason why the steering wheel would flex up and down

And the steering that's probably gonna give me the biggest problem when I lower it on air shocks

mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote