View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 1995 Club Car DS Won't Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5szatkowski View Post
Let me start by saying that I would greatly appreciate any feedback anyone could give. I feel like I am so close to finishing this rebuild but am stuck!

I have a 1995 Club Car DS 36v with controller, no resistor coils, no obc. I just replaced the solenoid, diode, resistor and put brand new batteries in it. I also just replaced all three micro switches at the f/n/r and the micro switch inside of the vglide.

The battery pack after just being on the charger read at 39.1v. Is that too high? Should I be concerned? Not at all - that is correct for just completing - true reading is 12 hours later

When I turn the key and move the handle to either forward or revere, I hear the solenoid click. This is without pushing the pedal. I believe this is because the vglide arm is already pushing on the microswitch in the vglide.
I have manually reached in and pushed the vglide arm as far back as it would go and then the solenoid clicks when the pedal is pushed, not when put into gear.- I believe I can make this adjustment so I am not worried about it. That sounds correct to be adjustable

When pushing the accelerator, I hear the "whine" from the controller but the cart will not move. The two large cables (white and blue) running into my f/n/r setup get warm. The orange and blue cables running from the f/n/r to the motor get extremely hot.

Just last night, I disassembled the f/n/r, made sure all of the copper contacts were clean and making good contact, re-installed everything, but the cart continues to not move and just makes the whining noise and the cables hot.

I have previously tested the motor with a jump box and it worked without issue.

How can I determine if my issue is the f/n/r, the controller, or possibly a lose connection at the solenoid or elsewhere? I do have a digital voltmeter. Have you double checked your wiring to assure it is all connected correctly?

If my controller is shot, would I still hear the whine when the pedal is pressed? You could - what make and model controller is that?

Sorry for the long post, just trying to be as thorough as possible. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't stop thinking about what the problem could be, it's driving me crazy!
See above
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote