View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 10:54 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
My dad has a G1 and lately it has become jerky. I said the clutches probably need to be either serviced or rebuilt. Unfortunately his cart sits at his campground and I haven't seen the engine in 10 years. I told him to run it thru the summer and I'll service the clutches in the fall. My question; is the drive clutch the same one that was used on any of the older G series carts. So I can rebuild it or is the clutch specific to the G1? If the G1 clutch is different, then can I fit any of the older style clutches on it?

Does that go for the driven/secondary clutch as well?
Depends on the year of the G1. Early G1's used an aluminum capped 4 weight primary, where later models used the gold steel cap 3 weight clutch simular to your 4 cycle clutch's. The fixed sheave's are different on G1's, they have a gear drive for the oil pump on the back. The secondary's, although similar in function, the G1 has no preload and ramp shoes on the spring seat and sliding sheave. Normally diassembly, cleaning and greasing (maybe new ramp shoes) will take care of the problem.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote