View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default new Alltrax controller install ?

Ok kids
So I got my new Alltrax 400 amp AXE 4844P controller today, I am installing it into my 99 EZ-go TXT series cart with a larger than stock motor.
So first question is the thing is huge and obviously does not use the same bolt pattern as the stock Curtis controller .So do I need to drill and tap new holes in my heat cink to match it up ?
Second is the stock Curtis has 4 pin style connectors and the Alltrax has the square version connectors, So do I replace the pin end with 4 square connectors or what ?
Third is that thing really supposed to fit under the stock controller cover with the new 4 gauge wires and the Soelinoid attatched to the front of the Alltrax, oh and the fuse also ? It seems like cramming 3 pounds of crap in a 2 pound sack to me but hey who knows .
The directions don't really give you any ideas about any of these issues, I thought it was going to be a bolt up operation but guess not, I mean I don't mind doing the work but don't want to screw it up as these bad boys aren't cheap "as everyone well knows".
Lastly I didn't get bad info and recieve the wrong controller for my application did I ? Thanks and sorry to ramble.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote