View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 05:28 PM   #6
rjsmeyer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Alltrax SR controller install

Scotty,

You mention the molex plug. Once the wires are snipped off, I take it these are the black and white wires (the ITS throttle wires?) that go to J5 and J4? And the red is the one that goes to the red terminal in the J1 cluster? But what about the orange - is that even used?

Anyway, I just got the upgrade from you a couple weeks ago for an 1996 EZGo Medalist with a series motor - the upgrade with the 500A controller, 400A solenoid, 2G cables and big contactor. Lots of little pieces involved! It's not looking like I have a lot of leftover pieces, though, so I'm hoping for the best.

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
First thing i notice is the molex plug with the control wires needs to get cut off and spade terminals put on each of the 4 wires. Note there are 2 short wires here in the harness. The black and red ones, strip the harness jacket back and you will find these 2 wires are only 4-5 inches long. This may work for the smaller solenoid but the 400 super duty solenoid requires more reach. Make new ones about 8-10 inches with 1/4 spade on one end and #10 stud ring terminal on the other.

How is a good time to refresh all the ring terminals on Battery plus and minus. the charger connection is 17 yrs old. Not to mention the stock cable set needs replacing. I was kind of surprised how bad they looked when I pulled them out. Looks like some damage was done to one cable. That's a breakdown waiting to happen.
rjsmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote