View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 03:13 PM   #7
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: steeleng 6" lift questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I believe the kit should have come with a tube of red loc-tite.

When you're adjusting the heim joints, just adjust one of them (lower or upper). A half turn makes a pretty big difference. Mine is set with the top ones showing about 1/4" thread showing, maybe a bit less. I would make my adjustments with the lower ones since you don't have to jack the cart up and remove anything to adjust them.

Unfortunately due to the nature of alignments in general, you have to make an adjustment and then drive it a little so it settles in. Then check it, adjsut more/less if necessary, drive it and check again. It just takes a little patience. Fortunately, there's enough adjustability in the kit to allow it to be corrected with enough time and patience :)
well i would prefer to adjust just the bottom because then I wouldn't have to take anything apart. But like I said I had to move the tires literally in towards the center more, so i could adjust the toe in. they were pointed out and i didnt have enough adjustment to bring them straight. I swear I tried adjusting one side, adjusting another side, top joint, bottom join, both joints, its done now. I am done messing with it at least until winter time haha
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote