View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
AubAlum0509
Getting Wild

Default Re: 48 to 12V reducer wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I missed all this part as it was below the pic. The converter is not causing that problem. It is an issue with Rectifier or Heatsink (based on which powerdrive you have) or an OBC issue. If the charger is humming but not charging and it is a DS, the fuse is bad at the charge receptacle, but since yours does initially charge and then quit, it makes me think the other suggestions I mentioned.

When you move the Neg to the B- you will have the pack disconnected. This will reset the OBC and may help.
First off, thanks for the replies Nolefan. I live in PCB, so lots of Noles around here.

As for the Cart, I completely removed the Voltage Reducer, and disco the pack for 10 minutes, reconnected the pack, and charged. It has been charging for 16 hours or so now, and my pack is back up to 60.1V. This is amazing, I have never seen the pack get that high, even new. I now think that my old batteries were in fact, not bad, just this issue, as I didnt rewire when getting new batteries. I did the compelte rewire before.

So appareantly my Voltage reducer wired the way I had it was the culprit. I am going to rewire with the + coming from the solenoid and the - going to the B- on Controller.

Thanks again to everyone who responded, and for anyone having a similar problem, try this, as it works.
AubAlum0509 is offline   Reply With Quote