View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 11:44 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2014 electric G29 need for speed help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly1052 View Post
I also used the AllTrax 400 amp controller. Works great with stock motor and wheels. Goes 22 mph. Max engine rpm is 6000. Looking for deal on 20" wheels. Should get a couple more mph, and that's all I need. You can program Altrax yourself. I was going to take it to Yamaha for programing but figured to rent a trailer and cost of programing was not much less that the cost of the controller. They could not even guarantee 19 mph. Said probably 17 more like it.
Yep, "should do 19", but the stock motor hates upgrade controllers, stock hitachi motor is a turd. The ones that didnt do 19 after the "PTV speed upgrade" was because the motor was a dud. Even yamaha "secretly admitted it", and their fix was a new brush rig, with smaller brushes (which dies real fast with a upgraded controller). Hitachi G22/YDRE motor is a dud in general. Old school G22 for the win (their best platform ever, but like the newer ones, would love a powertrain upgrade). I'd take a nice clean privately owned G22 over a YDRE any time. (Used "course car rebuilds" always have questions, because the golf course water is nasty stuff for carts, plus the 20lb of grass stuck in every spot). And I can look up a SN to see if it was a "fleet car" in its previous life.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote