View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #7
ShrunkenMonsters
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need valve sizes/specs to cross reference.

Yeah, FastFred was the s**t. I know that he’d know the specs. He lathed his own stainless valves and sourced stiffer springs to help with the increase in RPM as he made his own MSD ignition that now costs too much for our carts. He was running 10psi in his eh29c or eh35c (I can’t remember) for over 10yrs at 7k RPM. I’ve read nearly everything I could find on him. And there’s a few others that have supercharged using an AMR300 from kei cars from Japan. I’m currently taking the head off the motor to see what we’re dealing with. I’ve been lurking in the shadows of this site for quite a while soaking up all the info I can get from it, but I need to start asking questions. Golfcarguy used to replace the valves with titanium valves from a Suzuki motorcycle back in the 90’s when he used to do maintenance on the carts for a golf course, if I can get everything spec’d out I can figure out what all is needed to swap over to titanium valves, titanium keepers, and titanium collets (which will all be stronger and reduce the weight in the valve train thus allowing the cart to be a little more efficient with the valves thus allowing for more RPM without having to go with stiffer springs that’ll cause more wear in the valve train). And of course as soon as I have all the information to pass on, I will. Main specs that I need are the total height of the valves in mm, the collet specs, and the distance from the top of the valve, the bottoms of the dish sizes for both the intake and exhaust valves and if I’m not mistaken I think that the angle is at 45 degrees. I’m pretty sure the stem width is 5.5mm as well. I’m sure somebody on here will be able to help me. And if I end up just buying new stock valves in the meantime I’ll post the specs while I go to cross reference for the titaniums.
ShrunkenMonsters is offline   Reply With Quote