View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 12:48 PM   #6
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need valve sizes/specs to cross reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrunkenMonsters View Post
I have already completed a HEI conversion, and it works great, but at around 5,500-6k I start to get valve float. Instead of going with stronger springs to handle the higher RPM (and add further strain to the valve train) I was going to lighten thes load for it. There’s extensive modifications coming in the near future (efi, vz21 intercooled turbo or amr300 supercharger, and possible a small Honda grom nitrous spray to spool the turbo if I go that route). I’m going to be doing quite a bit of weird stuff to it and I’m not horribly worried about the consequences or cost. It’s just a hobby that I do and rebuilding is part of the fun.
Awesome. Just sharing that the ignitor is a limiter with regard to RPM...some folks are not aware. Would love to follow along with the build. I'm sure a lot of folks would be interested in your HEI setup since it works. Ignitors have gotten prohibitively expensive and the HEI setup would help a bunch of folks out, not to mention the potential for RPM gains. As I recall, there was a guy out west that did a supercharger on one, actually built and sold the components to others until he passed away, and he used the stock rods/piston setup. Seems like they hold up well to the RPM torture...just the valvetrain that is suspect. Good luck with it.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote