Thread: O-I_C
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 12:47 PM   #1977
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Rear Differential: tear down, repair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapled View Post
I just moved the limited slip from a RXV into a TXT axle. Here are some photos of it. Very easy to pull the Dana Spicer differentials apart.

I just moved the limited slip from a RXV into a TXT axle. Here are some photos of it. Very easy to pull the Dana Spicer differentials apart.

This is what the diff looks like with the pan off and oil out. I have the axle off the cart so the angle won't be the same as when on the cart as its facing up in this shot. But, you get the idea.

Attachment 218214

To remove this part you just remove the four bolts and it slides right out. You will see that there are bearings on either side. Those bearings if they go will sound very angry and put metal into the pan etc... To remove this part you have to slide out both axles.

Attachment 218215

Limited slip with the ring removed...

Attachment 218216

Side by side of the RXV limited slip and the standard TXT that I replaced. I took the ring off to put the 12.44:1 ring on the RXV limited slip and it into the TXT axle.

Attachment 218217

Now you could have bad bearings that got into the gear. You could have stripped gears etc. You could have a blown axle shaft bearing as well. You will see everything once you take it apart. Make sure the bearings are ok on the axles and on the limited slip. If they are bad change them. If the gear is worn at all you will need to change it.

All your axle ends need to not be worn. You will know if they are worn out. Make sure that your axle ends that the hubs go on are not stripped or the hubs are stripped.

Hope this helps anyone coming to this thread.

When the axle bearing is gone the axle will go in at a weird angle and fight the limited slip gear and make horrible noises. Don't run on a cart with a blown axle bearing for too long as you can really mess up the guts of the diff.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Golf...02408493365520
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1582.jpg (166.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1590.jpg (154.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1592.jpg (148.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1597.jpg (29.0 KB, 0 views)
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote