View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 05:47 PM   #24
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 Columbia Restoration; Sentimental Version

I was able to get back into the Par Car over the last few days. The OEM points plate from EBay did the trick. After just a little bit monkeying, this cart's engine is, after many many years, running again. A note, these carts have something called an "exhaust biscuit" that seals the header to the cylinder. They look simple but actually have coiled steel in them that will give as needed during install to produce a nice seal. A good biscuit = a quiet cart. A bad biscuit = a noisy cart. I knew this ahead of time and put a new biscuit on when I reconnected the exhaust. Pay attention to the torque specs on this. Too much torque will destroy a biscuit.

A couple of pics. They battery tray was junk so I fashioned on out of scrap that I had around. It's not as pretty as I like to make things bit, when the battery is in place no one will know the difference. If you don't have a welder and you are restoring an old cart, well, good luck. The other pic is where I have the HEI positioned.

New tie rod ends are ordered. Once I get those in installed which will allow me to push to cart around. Paint time after that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery Holder.jpg (150.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HEI.jpg (95.4 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote