View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #10
cartworldinc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 electric EZGO randomly stops while driving.

Don't know if this will solve your problem but here is where I would start. I have had this to happen on several occasions. The wire that comes out of the end of your motor is the speed sensor wiring. Where the motor is bolted to the axle there is a metal loop that all of the cables run through. Check the speed sensor wiring in this area to make sure they have not rubbed the insulation off. If they have and two of the wires short together on the loop this would cause that problem. If this is the case just use some electrical tape to reinsulate. Next... A reed switch with a bad connection would cause this to happen but it's unlikely, They usually either work or they dont... but to test this run a jump wire from the positive terminal where your charger wire is connected to the small wire where the reed power runs into the harness ( its the red wire coming from your charger port) jump the power into the harness not the charger port. If this fixes your problem you can just leave the jump wire in place but be careful, The cart will operate with the charger plugged in. The symptoms you have described seem like a solenoid drop out, but this would be picked up by the diagnostics so probably unlikely. I hope this helps and if you realize any more symptoms let me know.
cartworldinc is offline   Reply With Quote