View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
guybratton
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2003 electric EZGO randomly stops while driving.

I believe I have the same problem with the same year cart. Unfortunately I do not yet have the solution, hence my presence in this forum. I do think I can clarify the symptoms though. The diagnostic mode advice is not quite on track. The beeping is a result of something else, and the diagnostic beeps don't apply.

My cart will be crusing along at top speed and will suddenly come to an abrupt stop accompanied by a beeping pattern. The beeping pattern seems to be due to the walk-away alarm that would normally result from your cart rolling away on a downhill without you intending it. In such circumstances the cart enacts a fail-safe that limits the speed and sounds the beeps to notify you that your cart is slowly rolling away. Nice feature-wrong timing.

Normally, to reset the walk-away feature, you step on the accelerator to indicate your desire to be rolling, and the "engine brake" releases and the alarm stops. That is why this problem we are having self corrects. Somehow the cart is getting the message that it has been sitting still and is now uncontrollably rolling. This would come from a temporary disconnection in electricity flow that would make the cart think it had been sitting still. In my case, I have checked all connections to make sure they are tight, and they are all good. I disconnected the walk-away sensor and it still happened, just much more slowly. My symptoms are reproducible in certain locations such as at the bottom of a particular hill. In general, though, they are unpredictable and very annoying (and frequent). I have adapted by always being ready to quickly release and re-press my accelerator, but that is not a good long-term answer.

HAs this helped trigger any ideas out there?
guybratton is offline   Reply With Quote