Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Talking through an ignition problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Arduino is the combination of a fart and sneeze at the same time

If we could separate the two, we might be on to something here

I think it would be better to have a Chinese company knock off a real oem ignitor. They can do it with incredible quality and price would probably be about the same as oem but at least it could be available. But the challenging part would be selling them on the business case…

That is exactly it. I think you already know i had dealings with them in the past. What was a perfectly good design from development with one company, was taken by another and produced cheaper with less function and sold as a different product. Needless to say, it failed sales soon after launch! I think the same thing happened with the igniters. The original chinese clones were fairly reliable, but then were re copied and you have what is available now. One US company seems to be selling reliable igniters and i am guessing these were the original clones still being produced by the original chinese factory unless they have a back stock of genuine EZGO ones.

But that would be pretty much what we want. Just prove the igniter will show negative to charge the coil and then drop out to create a spark when it sees a pulse across the input. I am assuming it reacts to the drop rather than the ramp up like points ( if you remember what they are LOL ). Most dead ones either show no reaction or constant negative, constant power or nothing at all. There are a few things you can check with a multimeter but you need the pulse to see if it will react.

Maybe the younger generation can simply do this with that exotic disease machine?

I dunno. Maybe I should just go back to sleep now I am at work.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote