View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 11:25 AM   #11
TBH015
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: ERIC Charger not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I can tell you with 100% certainty that the S2 is a higher quality charger than the ERIC.
More robust, better programming, more user adjustability with the Bluetooth app, and comes from one of if not the best companies in charging technology. Also comes with a 4 year warranty, which you will not find on any other charger.

That said, it can still be considered a throw-away charger as with every other “smart charger” on the market, because there are no serviceable parts inside. I’m not so sure that if you opened one you could even see anything other than the potting material they use to waterproof the board.

The main advantage you would have with a DPI or similar charger is user serviceable parts. You can open it up and replace the relay and control board, and any damaged wiring. The trade-off is that you really can’t change any of the settings, and they are still based on the old relatively inefficient, but generally bullet-proof, transformer technology.

Check with ScottyB at Cartsunlimited.net. He has the best prices I know of on the S2, and is a long time site sponsor and supporter of the BGW forums. I believe he still sells DPI chargers as well, so you could ask his opinion of the two as well.

Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TBH015 is offline   Reply With Quote