View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 02:07 AM   #4
Murby
Gone Wild

Default Re: Allsports 8" Long Travel Lift Kit Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdlebo View Post
Thanks much for the feedback Murby, I appreciate that. Good to hear that the ride seems much better than that of your standard lift kits. That's a great idea about looking at some of their other instructions, that should help especially since all they seemed to do was toss all of the nuts and bolts in one box unlabeled for me to figure out where they all go. I was worried about the turning radius as well. They promised me that they had the smallest turning radius out of the the long travel kits out there, but that's yet to be seen. Again, I appreciate the feedback. Did you have to utilize wheel spacers on the rear tires?
No spacers needed but when I purchased my rims, I followed the allsports guidance that they need to be offset rims and so I got four of the same. I didn't even know what that meant when I first started.. Golfcarttiresupply had to explain it to me, so I bought the rims from them.

The space (distance) between my rear tires is slightly less than the front tires, but it doesn't stand out or anything.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm running Carlisle AT489's in a 23x9 size.. some of these guys are on 12 inch wide tires so maybe that requires spacers.. not sure.

When I got the kit installed, I took the cart for a ride.. first mud puddle I hit not only coated the entire golf cart, it coated my wife and I as well.. those tires sticking out without protection threw mud and water everywhere.. so on with the fenders right away, and that took care of the problem.. I can blast full speed through mud puddles now and not get a drop on either of us.

Being on a farm, a little known fact is that not all of those "mud puddles" are actually mud..

As for your box of screws.. The small short ones are for the aluminum diamond skid plate that's mostly for show.. should be 4 of them and 4 nuts to go with..

The longest screws are for bolting the sub-assembly (with shock tower) to the aluminum frame. There should be 4 of them.

The short fat screws are for bolting the suspension arms and frame to the shock tower assembly.

The last four are shoulder bolts that are used for the shock mounts.

There are several places that Allsports didn't feel inclined to include flat washers for... I went to the store and bought my own because flat washers serve an important function. Locknuts not required with the nylock nuts, but I felt the washers were.
Murby is offline   Reply With Quote