View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 02:36 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo motor &/ or controller upgrade

There are advantages for AC that no DC motor can match. But, it's a very expensive transition (this is key here). Series carts with big amps can keep up, or win, off the line, in a "parking lot drag race". The current world record holder is a series motor (that likely lives a short life getting beat down every pass). I have built quicker "series" carts (quicker than rxv, not the world record holder), but they cost more to build compared to what could be done for less money with a Curtis rxv. The "baddest" 800a Series YDRE I built just barely beat a "tuned 350a rxv" in a drag race, the ezgo would have easily won for top speed. For the street, like all us "not world record holders", a AC system a hard to beat combo. Wether it's a tuned rxv, or a tuned HPEVS system (hpevs not available for rxv as far as I know). The thing they have in common is a AC motor & a Curtis controller. It costs bucks to do so, but it's hard to beat a AC system. Seen other benefits too. Saw a aftermarket conversion AC car still running 18 holes on a pack that barely met 1/3 of the standard battery test after 6 years of beat-down (I mean casual use, as you would expect). For a hotrod with the Ferrari stickers, that was good. I make zero guarantee/estimate yours will do the same, just similar cases I seen.

Sorry if I "elaborated" more than you wanted.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote