View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 06:11 AM   #4
Steve Patrick
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 ParCar only runs in reverse

Problem solved. When I got home from work I went out and hit the key and nothing had improved. So I pulled the plug and rechecked the TDC and rotor to coil relationship. Hit the key and now even reverse was not starting.
The best we could get was rotating the module plate counter clockwise to the limit of the adjustment slot. I could get ONE pop with key in FWD position and a very weak running reverse.
So my son suggested we remove the module plate and clock the plate/ module from about the two oclock position (which I think is factory mounting?) to about the 8 oclock position. And BOOM. it fired right up, both directions and two minutes later we were driving down the street.
NOW I can check out what needs to be done to make a nice little cart out of this ole girl! Oh she's a dog on even a small incline but I will start looking at more threads about that and today adjust the carb and do a compression check. And as a side note, today I should close a deal on a 2000 Yamaha G16A gasser with a bad diff. More fun!

And thanks Lochlin! Your HEI conversion thread was my inspiration to keep trying!
Steve Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote