View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default New Onward with factory Lithium vs. New Onward FLA with Lithium swap afterward?

I currently have a 2008 Precedent in which I have put the 60ah Allied Lithium kit. I've also used the "speed code 5" OBC-reprogramming tool to allow me to get some decent speed (enough for me) out of the stock motor and controller.

Still, it is a 2008 cart with plenty of squeaks, rattles, a scratch here and there, etc., and at some point I'm going to want to buy a new Onward.

I know I want Lithium batteries. The question is whether to buy a new Onward with factory Lithium batteries or to buy one with FLA batteries and then sell those and put in a Lithium battery myself. Does anyone know how the factory Onward Lithium specs compare to the Allied 60ah set?

In either case, I'm assuming the "speed code 5" reprogrammer is only for older models, and so for more speed at a minimum I'd have to ask the dealer to give me speed code 4 if I didn't want to go for an aftermarket controller/motor.

Also, on my 2008 Precedent, I had to bypass the OBC to use aftermarket Lithium batteries/charger. I assume I'd have to do the same on an Onward?
ozycart is offline   Reply With Quote