View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 08:35 PM   #4
BigMac!
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Club Car DS big block build "Sarge"

I then purchased a used clone engine and Vegas Carts installation kit that I found in our local Craigslist. This is where my lack of Club Car knowledge bit me in the butt. I quickly learned that because of the reverse rotation of the stock engine it was going to hamper my plans of 25mph speed. Since I was going to have to run the cart in reverse to go forward with the clone engine, it was only going to allow me to run about 15mph at best while running at a higher rpm. One of the other requirements I had was for it to be as quiet as possible and high rpm is not really quiet. I want to be able to have a conversation as well as not make a lot of noise in the woods. So I gave the clone to my brother who is collecting parts for a build and kept the clone installation kit.

My next bright idea was to try the Predator v twin. It would run at a lower rpm (quieter) with more torque for the hills at the lease. And swap the gears to 8:1 to gain a little more speed. After purchasing the v-twin I reached out to Vegas Carts to ask their advice about the build and if they were working on a new installation kit. Man I should have called them first before buying the engine (but it was on sale so I did it). They said the engine was physically too large and they decided not to pursue making a kit. But at the same time said they were sure it could be done.

At this point I decided to actually research what others have done to reach similar goals. Most modded the Kawasaki engine and could easily reach the speed goals I had set. Others bought different year models or manufacturers that wouldn't have all the problems of my cart. A smart man would have researched all this at the beginning, but I am no smart man. A man of average intelligence would have cut his losses and went back to the original motor, but I obviously am not average since I got myself in this mess. I decided to try and push forward since I had the clone installation kit and it has the same engine bolt pattern as the v-twin. So I test fit the engine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160925_113239.jpg (256.7 KB, 0 views)
BigMac! is offline   Reply With Quote