View Single Post
Old 10-21-2021, 09:26 AM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Project: 1986 Cushman 3 Wheeled Turf Truckster

So you are about 2 hours from me.

For the governor, it would be best to get that manual supplement and read about it. It's in Acrobat .pdf format, so it downloads and prints well including b/w pics. My governor was totally defeated and with parts missing, so I have no governor that works. Somebody way before me bypassed what is left somehow. This is not good, since these motors don't hold together all that well when they exceed 3500 rpm for long periods. At my differential gear ratio, that is about 30 mph. I don't need to go faster than that. It gets hard to steer at that speed. 25 is much better.

Your carburetor looks like it might be a Keihin. www.directparts.com or a nearby forklift repair shop should be able to get you the parts that you need for it. The forklift shops once maintained these back when they were in common use. Another possible source is www.denniscarpentercushman.com. They are located just North of the Charlotte Motor Speedway off hwy 29, if you feel like taking a 2 hour ride some day.

Rodents (rats, mice, squirrels) like the insulation on wires. Soybean was the source of some of the ingredients used in making the plastic insulation.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote