View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 02:48 PM   #1
ballencd
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Project: 1986 Cushman 3 Wheeled Turf Truckster

I have this Cushman for awhile now but after 12+ years sitting in the woods it is time to get it running again.
Wires were chewed up pretty good by some rats but that is fixed.
Replaced the light and horn switch.
Replaced the choke cable.
Got the engine running but the case started filling with gas so I am changing out the mechanical fuel pump to an electric one. Almost complete.
My gas tank is rusty and has a hole or two in it but not too bad. Plan is to clean and coat inside with epoxy. Meanwhile I am using a peanut butter jar for a test tank.
Chassis has some rust and tires are shot so after the engine is running I will replace the tires and repair the chassis.
Baby Steps.

Charley, Thanks for the info so far. I am about 20 minutes south of Hendersonville right off of I-26. I've had the carb apart 2X so far and I think it is clean. I have a new filter before the fuel pump. I will look for a new float and valve.....probably a accelerator diaphragm is that is what I see in there too. Points are set. Plugs look good and are set. I have not tackled valves or timing yet. I think I am having issues with the governor.....it was tied up snug with wire when I got it and if I loosened it it ran very poorly so still looking at that. Time will tell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1986 Cushman 3 wheeled Turf Truckster.JPG (31.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg OMC 22 HP engine.JPG (36.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Issue 1.JPG (34.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Issue 2.JPG (39.0 KB, 0 views)
ballencd is offline   Reply With Quote