View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 07:56 PM   #5
Hyper137
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Re: 1961 Cushman Golfster - Runs, Issues Accelerating

Update here!

The first carb soak and rebuild with existing parts was short lived. I ran out of personal time so enlisted a small engine mechanic to help out. Turned out the float sprung a leak, some of the seals started leaking, the needle was bent in the carb (high speed). Then we had quite a bit of fuel leaking for the valve covers and we went ahead and moved to a Facet Posi-Flo 12v Fuel Pump Kit, 1/8 NPT, 1-2.5 psi.

Did the carb kit rebuild, new float, needle, connected the pump following your instructions and it’s running smooth! Just need to change fluids on trans and adjust the brake. Drained oil, changed filter - quite a bit of fuel in there from the fuel pump failing it seems.

Either way, right now I am running but my voltage gauge on the dash is now pinging rapidly back and forth. This didn’t happen before the fuel pump. Additionally it seems like my battery isn’t charging after install.

Wanted to see if see if you had any experience with this when you put your fuel pump?! I have a tender on the Battery right now in the meantime.

Thanks again for your help - invaluable.
Hyper137 is offline   Reply With Quote