View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Spearhead Trails, St. Paul, VA

I called H-M last year and they said "no golf carts". They were strict about the "factory" ROPS and no modified vehicles. So F them.

I called Spearhead before I went and the manager that I talked to said that carts wouldn't be a problem. I even asked about the factory ROPS, because of what I was told by H-M. He didn't see that as an issue, and was more concerned about the ability of the carts to navigate the trails. He said that helmets were required (skull caps are OK) and goggles were "recommended".

SPEARHEAD TRAILS MACHINE REQUIREMENTS

"Machines may not be self-constructed or modified from manufacturer's specifications in the sole opinion of the executive director or designee".

"Units shall be equipped with ROPS from the manufacturer".

"Machines shall be equipped with manufacturer seat belts and shall be in good working order".

If they follow their own rules then we would be SOL, but that "sole opinion" line seems to leave an opening for breaking the rules.

I'm going back in the springtime and hopefully get clarification on all of the above. Being told it's OK on the phone is one thing, but making a long trip and then being turned away when you get there...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote