View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
lbmfpeterson
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: long travel 2 stroke polaris cart

So man this thing is putting me to work!!!!!

Ran great on sat and sunday. until all the sudden the posi rear end went limited slip on me........... so i pulled it in the shop and tore it apart to find that i blew up the carrier for the spider gears. then I thought back to all the turning corners on the road and gassing it to slide it out sideways......and then goes the rear end......

the fuel pump setup was a little different because the motor had a port in the crank case that they drilled and welded in to pump air into a mechanical fuel pump. the cr 500 carb they have on it (which is what i used on my motor) is missing the float and has an extra tube installed in the bowl of the carb and looks like a return to the tank??????

since i have no crank case vent to run the pump i bought a cheap electric pump and regulator and ran it........ since the carb has no float it just over fills and over fills.

so to drive it i would fill the carb turn the pump off and fill as needed..... talk about redneck! but it worked to just drive it and check everything out...

so i ordered a new cr500 carb today and found a gas rear end with bad gears in it, i will check it out and see if the carrier is good???????

here is a pic with a st front cowl just on it for show, i will probly put it on when everything is mechanically right!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.jpg (76.7 KB, 78 views)
lbmfpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote