View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #31
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extractor View Post
Ok, who wants to try it first? I know it's going to be a pain in the... but I want to do it also. Anyone know where I can get an AS5 windshield for my 1998 CC? I found a place that sold it all as a kit for $500 but I just need the windshield... then I can be the guinea pig and run it through from point A to B...to C... to D...ad nauseum (too late to spell).
Cart Parts Plus will sell you the windshield. Make sure they put a NOTATION on the invoice that it is a DOT AS5 rating. Bought mine last year from CPP for $109.95 plus S&H.
Price and Shipping could have went up a little.

Tell'em you want the unbreakable Lexan one like OBill and Jill got on their carts.

Windshield wipers are not neccessary! Don't believe me? Just look at the Sprits that come from China! They are street legal out of the box and they don't have one. I asked the lady at the inspection station in my district about a wiper and she said she ain't inspected for a wiper yet. She didn't even know what a AS5 rating is!

If you insist on a Wiper I'd suggest a manual one. I've had both. It is easier to install, it is much lighter than the electric. It comes with the blade! Great on a folding windshied. (No wires to contend with)
If you want the electric one you have to order the motor, the arm and the blade.

If I was in the Golf Cart business I'd stock and sell this one!
This Manual Wiper is perfectly street legal and it is used on the older Jeeps and on the modern Kit Cars. Available at many part stores, JC Whitney and other places on line.
I would like to have a link to that place that sells a kit for $500.00!!! Please, I want to see that one.
MY 2 cents.
IMNFL is offline   Reply With Quote