View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
boudreaux
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Bought my first cart today, 1999 Ezgo 48V

I concluded from my research before I bought, that I can put 2g wire on the batteries, to get more amps/performance.
1. Is this true?
2.How do I tell what gauge wire I have? The outside diameter of the wires presently installed is 3/8".
3. should I coat the terminals and posts (with battery grease) after I connect them or before? In other words will the grease inhibit the connection?
4. I found an old discussion about current traveling only on the outside of a wire, there fore more strands makes a better wire, there fore welding wire is better than autozone car battery wire. Than someone said that is only true for AC current, not DC, making the added expense of the welding wire a waste. Has any of this been resolved? The previous owner told me the battery cables on my cart are in fact from autozone.
5. My 6 batteries are Trojan T-875 8volt batteries. The Trojan user's guide has a section on connecting the batteries. My batteries are connected in 'series', i.e. neg of one battery to positive of the next battery. The users guide implies I can hook them either in series or parallel. Is this true? What will be the result if I do hook them in parallel?

thanks for any help. Owing this is going to be fun.
boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote