View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 07:57 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 Ezgo 36V Motor & Controller Upgrade disappointment

The max the motor reached was 2661 RPM, which translates to 14,0 MPH if your tires are exactly 22" tall. Did you measure them, or is 22" stamped on sidewall? (Height on sidewall can be and inch or more off in either direction.)

Unfortunately, 84.9 amps were already being drawn from battery by the time the log started recording, so I didn't get a good start reading for the battery voltage.

I usually start logs with key off and F/R in neutral, so the first few lines are mostly "0"s. And after turning key on and selecting a direction ,. I usually press the pedal very slowly until solenoid clicks, pause for a moment and then drive like I normally do. That gives me a clean starting point for battery voltage. The first line with the relay status of "1" is the battery pack voltage at the start of the run.

The battery voltage did drop to 29.5V and a LOBAT error flag was set momentarily. The only times the battery voltage was within the typical range was following periods of regen braking, which is charging the battery.

As for battery voltage while on charge, it depends on the charger being used. If you have one of the legacy chargers (ferroresonant transformer type), they are designed around the Trojan battery recommended charging profile and shut off in the 44V to 46V range while US Battery brand batteries require
a minimum of 45V, so about half of the old type chargers won't fully charge US Battery products.

If the battery has sit for 12 hours, 6.3V is less than 90% charged, if they have sit for less than 12 hours, the SoC is even lower. 100% SoC is 6.41V for US Battery batteries.

What make model charger do you have?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote