View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 04:59 PM   #7
TL1166
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bob Boyce Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgorider124 View Post
I am looking at doing this in the near future.
Are upgrading your battery cables to 2 AWG required when this is done?
Would anything else need to be upgraded?
Thanks for the info
Required no, suggested yes.

After receiving my controller, Mr. Boyce analyzed my programming. Bob advised me that the batteries or battery cables were causing low battery errors. The modification settings will reduce errors, he suggested I might want to go with 2 gauge battery cables to reduce losses. He said the factory cables are really too small for the performance level of which the RXV is capable.

My cart is a 2012 RXV with a Curtis controller (stock 235 amp) and 12 inch wheels with 215/50-12 tires which are approximately 20.5 inches tall. I asked about installing larger controller and was told it was not necessary unless I planned to increase the tire size (height). I do not. I was told that any taller tire than 20.5 inches would require a controller upgrade along with whatever else was involved(lift, rims, tires, etc).

I mailed my controller to Mr. Boyce as opposed to having him do his programming "magic" on the controller while in the cart. I requested an increase in speed and some additional Regenerative braking if that was possible. It was possible and the results were very impressive. Regen braking, Motor RPM and Torque were all improved just to name a few.

Hopefully, that gives you a clear picture of my experience. Please remember that I am in no way an expert or knowledgeable on the programming done. I am merely a person who is VERY satisfied with the end result.

I will sign off for now. My 2 AWG cables just arrived and I have some minor wrenching to do. Best of Luck with whatever you decide. I guarantee that you will be pleased with the results if Mr. Boyce is able to work on your cart's programming.

-Tim
TL1166 is offline   Reply With Quote