Old 11-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 Ezgo 36V Motor & Controller Upgrade disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsb1712 View Post
------------

I need to measure my tires for sure but they are definitely slightly bigger than stock tires. My guess is they are slightly bigger than stock with aggressive mud grips but i'll get a measurement.

The only motor specs I have are what you listed.

The log files I attached are all with the same settings. Only difference was jacked up vs. on the ground actually moving.

I have the setting on 8 poles and the max speed set to 7,000.

My settings seem to be in line with your screen shot with the exception that mine is the 500 amp version. I also have the Plug braking set a lot lower as I did not like how much it was slowing the cart down with the pedal released. Would rather be able to coast.

Batteries are less than a year old U.S. Battery brand 6v.

D&D has basically looked at the logs and said the motor is fine, I'll have to talk to Alltrax. Alltrax just got my logs last night and have given me a little feedback but are still looking at the logs. Said something about setting up a test system in their shop to try and emulate my setup.

Just getting concerned that I've spent all this money and I've can definitely tell i've got more torque, but a Iphone measure 10mph just ain't gonna get it.

Thanks again.
If your tires are the low pressure type (<10 PSI max inflation pressure), they will take a lot more torque to turn than the same height tires that can be inflated to 20 PSI or more.

I'm pretty sure you have a High torque motor (stock plus 20% or more, which won't reach as high of a RPM as a stock motor does with the same voltage applied and same mechanical load imposed. That plus low pressure tires will suppress the top speed, but 10 MPH is a bit lower than I would have guesstimated.

---------
If you post any more logs file, please zip them in the raw .csv format. I can read the Excel file, I just cannot save them after I do what I need to do to analyze them and it is a hassle to redo that stuff to take another look after I close my spreadsheet program.

I add an Original Sequence column, plus Min AVG and Max for each data column and do some sorting as well as removing lines not needed for what I'm looking for. For example, I remove all lines with negative number in the field amps column to view what is happening in forward.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote