View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
ucmeflyby
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1st cart project, 98 DS refurb & lithium conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your build!

Ian is really good about explaining your options, and is usually pretty prompt in replying. And as NCPW stated, there are quite a few of us on here using their system and will share our experiences and advice.

As for balancing the cells/modules, I'll look back through some threads, it's been discussed before, and I'll link the thread to this thread when I find it. I didn't have to worry about it when I got my pack, they were balanced.

Other than that, what are your plans? If you let us know what you will be using the car for(pavement, off road, hills, hunting, etc.), we will be able to give advice on mods and so forth. Good luck, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Our home is in a very rural area, several family members live nearby, so the cart will mostly be used by my wife and 3 kids to ride around. I am fairly certain that I have a series cart, no regenerative braking on this thing. There is about a 4" lift already on the cart with larger tires and I'm going to try to keep the motor and controller stock for now. The kids don't need a torque monster.
ucmeflyby is offline   Reply With Quote