View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Southeastern Summer Food Plots

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
The forum at gon.com should give you alot of advice about food plots. There is a whole thread about plots.
I hunt in SWGA and find no need for summer plts due to local agriculture. Your area maybe different. I plant late fall plots with brassicas, wheat, clover, etc. Down here the plots really help in late season. Early to mid season, hunt natures acorns, and find the does. When rut comes in, so will the bucks.
The only local agriculture around where we hunt is pine trees. International paper owns tons of land in the area and they grow pine trees on all of it. My family has been hunting this piece of property since 1973. I began hunting with my Father in 1990 when I was 8 years old. Since then, I've heard stories of back in the 70s when the land was farmed with soybeans and corn. They used to see so many deer, and big deer. It's not the same now as it once was. All of this farm land now has big pine trees on it and we really don't have as much room to plant as we once did, but I'd like to take advantage of what we do have. As for fall food plots, we've always done those and they seem to help tremendously.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote