View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Diesel Powered EZGO Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman415 View Post
The turbo is between the manifold and the muffler with the intake tube, (boring black) to the intake. There is an oil line and a coolant line to the Turbo. I'll send pics once I get the engine out and you can actually see it.

Also, I looked at that 1190 clutch. It's priced right for my budget. I'm searching for a tach off of anything that had a Kubota Diesel in it to make sure the governor is set in the safe zone.

If I find another Diesel, I'll be sure to hook you up. The same golf course has an old Turf-cat out-front mower that just blew the main pump and has a hole in the hydrolic tank. It may become another donor. It also has about 2000hrs on it. They just replaced it with a $35k John Deere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman415 View Post
I'm searching for a tach off of anything that had a Kubota Diesel in it to make sure the governor is set in the safe zone.
Now that you mention tach.. it got me thinkin.. lol how would that work on a diesel.. without spark or anything.

There must be some type of crank position sensor or something. If it does, and pulses ever rev. you could look into the equus 8068 tach. its programmable to 1-12cyl 4 stroke, but you could set it to pluse every rev ( ie 2cylnder mode, (1 spark every rev) ) and it could theoreticly work.

Right now on my sparky cart. im working on a rotating shaft on the opposite side of the motor with a rotating magnet that would pass a reed switch, wich i can then use the 8068 to give me the electric motor rpm they are a great tach.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote