View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Diesel Powered EZGO Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman415 View Post
Now that's cool. The Diesel I have is a D77?E. The tag says 28HP if I remember correctly. You have definitely put more thought and $$ then I have. Now I gotta new plan.

Can you tell me where you got that intake, radiator, where do ya buy that clutch, any info on the parts besides the engine would be awesome.

Is the pulling power great and how fast ya think it goes?
Was it worth the time and $$?
Oh no no, that isnt my cart. lol one of these days ill love to build one if a diesel happens to fall into my lap. But i can give you some detials on the one in the vid.. and what you would need to do to get yours running.

That rad you can see in the video is just an intake intercooler. because it seems like that motor is running with a different external turbo, and seems like some injector upgrades or something. they just put it on as part of the whole upgrade package.. How is your engine setup with the turbo and such?

Now the clutch.. I gurrante that if you spend the $$ on the 1190, it will make your whole project work the way it should

If your good with fabbing and welding.. this might be the only part you will need to buy! http://www.cartpartsplus.com/comet-1190-clutch.html cart parts plus is a sponsor on here. You just need a 1 1/8" straight keyed shaft for this one to work.. your engine might alreay have that on it? seeing it was used in a tractor alreay.

Speed wize, you should beable to go atleast the same as you are now as far as top end goes. 15mph should be attainable no prob.. you just dont want to over rev the diesel. The benifit to the 1190 clutch is that its supposed to be a bit larger, and can give you a lower top end ratio for more speed.. thats why big block conversions can reach 30-40mph by using this clutch, with the engine at a slightly higher then factory rpm.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote