View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 03:58 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lifepo4 Pack Specificatons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramermy View Post
Hi Bob, thanks again for the continued support/guidance for a newbie like myself. I have more questions... I hope you don't mind.

Do you think the BMS manufacturer could program in a "soft stop" for any failures? So that the controller has time to save the settings to memory, and also if the amps were limited or ramped down maybe this would avoid the brake lock-up issue? Would love a "limp" mode or something too so that the cart isn't stranded in an out of the way area. I've read where some other EV's and even outboard boat motors have a "limp" mode.

Any idea how much time the controller needs to write to memory?
How about running a DC to DC converter off the whole pack?

In some of the threads I see that guys are only using the lithium packs for traction and then have a separate 12v FLA or Lith battery for accessories. I'm only currently running my lights off 12V and don't have any immediate plans to add other accessories. When I bought my cart, it had the factory DC to DC converter wiring harness installed, but the converter is missing.

I was planning to buy the EZGO OEM converter (CONVERTER ONLY) #632185 which is available on the EZGO site for $150. Seems expensive compared to the aftermarket converters I see online but I believe it will use the existing harness which would be simple/clean.

thanks,
Myles
I prefer a LVCO alarm, so it warns the driver to get out of traffic and head for a safe location. You could set up a low voltage alarm that will sound off before the pack reaches the BMS LVCO setpoint. Solves your concern.

I bought a new factory E-Z-GO 12V converter for $25 from a seller on eBay. Just keep doing searches from time to time. I had no harness or connector for it at the time, so I bought the harness from the E-Z-GO site afterwards.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote