View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 10:36 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Holy horrible handling, Batman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
Tonight I dropped my air pressure to 15 and picked up some stock rear leaf springs. We’ll see how that goes for the next hunt.
15 psi for off road is still high. Atv's usually run less than 10 psi. Not sure what ply those tires are, but that could have something to do with the ride. If they are 6 ply with stiff sidewalls they will not ride soft.

Long travel front suspension with soft springs will fix the front end for sure. I'm a huge fan of LT suspensions. I've used the Jakes LT many times with good reports from all, even after years of use they are still holding up good. Now Rhox makes an LT kit that claims to be made for "off road". I've not used it yet, but it looks nice, price isn't bad either. Not sure if they have one for that model cart.

Dual action rear springs are supposed to be worth the cost and effort. If someone here has used them they will chime in.

And....um.....did you just compare a golf cart to an off road pickup truck? Not even in the same arena. Your golf cart is not, and was never made for off road use, other than cart path, fairway, and smooth grass traveling. Throwing a lift kit and big tires on it and expecting a cadillac ride? Not sure who talked you into that one lol
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote