View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
shrpshtr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default riddle me this Batman

ok, i am a little confused here about the performance of my cart. i had a set of basic black steel 8" wheels and 22" tires ( 22x11x08 ). i was getting about 13.9-15.1mph on relatively flat ground depending on going up or down very slight grade (not measurable). i also had very little torque trying to go up any grade greater than maybe 15-20% and stalling on any grade over 20%. i adjusted the air pressure to 5lbs (max recommended) as i noticed the ride was relatively bouncy. the ride seemed smoother but performance #'s didn't change. i noticed the tires felt like they were too soft and were going to come off the wheel when turning especially going down hill.

now the confusing part...i upgraded to an ITP wheel (10x7) and All Trail XLT tires (22x10x10) assuming i would get the same speed and torque. boy was i wrong...in a good way. speed increased to 16.8-17.1 over same stretch of ground and easily climbed a bank at the edge of my yard that the cart would previously stall on. i mean (easily) climbed it. i took the cart to my daughter's sporting clays tourney today and it rained like hell all day and the cart performed flawlessly in the mud/muck with 4 people on it.

how can this be? do the quality of tires make that much difference? from all of my reading, i have serious doubts that i have a factory motor or controller. is there a way if i can tell if either the motor or controller have been modified? i am not complaining, just confused.

Here's the cart details:
2005 EZGO 36v TXT Series Cart
Trojan 605 batteries
6awg cables
275a Controller (stock) - not sure anymore
F & R Switch (stock)
Motor (stock) - not sure anymore
6" lift (not sure of make)
22x10x10 - ITP wheels & tires

Thanks in advance.

shrp
shrpshtr is offline   Reply With Quote