View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 04:50 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie Questions, Quick Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburns80 View Post
So it is a DS for sure, Serial is A9840-700662, Which I believe means it's a DS Electric manufactured in 1998. I know it's a 48 Volt because it has 6, 8 volt batteries wired in series. I'm going to start where any good person would start and follow the suggestion of taking the whole thing apart and then testing each battery, My first goal is to get the motor and the control switch repaired, then I'll move on to upgrades / improvements. I'll continue to monitor the threads and learn as much as I can so I'm not a pest with questions ha ha. Usually when I get on these types of projects I like to ask as many questions as possible to make sure I get it right the first time and I don't want to repeat questions that have already been answered so I'll do my due diligence first. Thank you guys for your help already.
Did you identify your drive system? Just because the batteries are wired in a series doesn't mean it's a series car. The batteries are wired in a series in all of them. A 1998 is either a series car or a Regen 2.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote