View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Golf carts were recently legalized in my part of town, resulting in a lot of people buying and fixing up carts. Lots of events center around golf carts like cruise nights, poker runs, festivals, etc. at every public event you saw an area of the parking lot full of custom carts and guys hanging out drinking beer. I wanted in! A buddy of mine went to a dealership and bought a brand new gas EZGO. Stretched, lifted, 6 passenger, the works. Over $10k price tag. I told him I could build something better and cooler for less than $3k. I searched Craigslist for some time until three requirements were met- it had to be less Han $500, be able to carry my entire family, and it had to be unlike any golf cart ever seen. I think it exceeds the requirement on all fronts. I have two goals for this cart- to have it running so I can take it on vacation with us at the end of July, and afterwards to disassemble and rebuild with new paint, upholstery, and truck bed liner on the frame in time for the birth of my third child (that way mama can ride around on Halloween after the c section). The ultimate concept for the finished product is painted in Cadillac blue chip color, with duplicolor's reflective paint over bright white stripes, accented by orange pinstriping. The seats will match the stripes, and the trunk will be an insulated beer cooler with drain. Mechanically I will be upgrading to a 48v system, hotter motor, controller, 2 ga wiring, disc brakes, new bushings and hardware. The frame will be treated with POR 15 followed by dark grey truck bed liner. Suspension parts will be powder coated gloss black. Additionally, there will be a sound box making V8 sound come out of the exhaust tips, using an iPod app I found called "XLR8" to make it match the speed of the vehicle. 1960 Pontiac taillights will be mounted in the rear, and the roof will VE covered in white vinyl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote