View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
G man
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 36 to 48 conversion

Man.
Thanks everyone for the advice. i really appreciate it.
The thing is i know that the old resistor style isnt very efficient when using the resistors. but i just cant get myself to part with the setup. and here's why. The overall range of my cart, since im rarely not full throttle can only be described a ridiculous. My cart gets ridden every day,for long durations of time, and by the end of the ride it still has more than enough juice to make the trip two more times. For example the other day my friend and i were riding around for quite some time and the cart lost one bar, over a distance of 23.6 miles.
so before charging i checked the voltages on the batteries, since its common for digital meters to be inaccurate. All of the batteries read between 6.25-6.30 volts. So dang...i really don't want to have to worry about melting down 20 miles away from my house. can anyone tell me what kind of amp draw resistor styles have at full throttle? or what amp controller would be about equivalent? and if it would have better or worse performance on power and distance? Im sorry for the lengthy post. i just wanted to let you know where im coming from.
Thanks guys.
G man is offline   Reply With Quote