View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Please help with wiring diagrams for Zeva BMS and Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
Thanks DaveTM. I looked through that and get the big picture. I am getting caught up on all the details though. For one, I just found out the main cable to the battery goes actually through the circle on the hall affect sensor. I just know I'm going to miss other things like that. All the talk of extra relays or gigavics just confuse me more. Ian's stuff just covers the basics. I would like to have all the precautions in place, plus I like the sleep switch that (MCJEFE ?) did.
It is important to have the direction of current oriented correctly through the hall effect sensor.

I also used the wiring diagram that MCJEFE posted. Very easy to read! I also used the sleep switch the way he did it. That thread helped me a lot to better understand how to wire it all.

I would suggest drawing out on paper, how you are thinking you are going to wire everything up, before you do it. That way folks can give advice before you actually do it. It helped out a LOT when I did my build. Like you say, with all the different ways of wiring all of the components up, it goes a long way for folks to give advice on your specific setup. Especially since your setup is going to 72v, which I have yet to see anyone else do with leaf modules.

Here is a link to my build thread where I posted a drawing of how I was going to do my wiring, just to give you an example: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ml#post1595608.

Our setups are a little different, so I'm just sharing this to give you an idea of how you can draw something up for folks to look at. I went with the gigavac contactor and a can bus, which it sounds like you are not using.

Hope this helps
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote