View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 04:07 AM   #6
Kencart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid clicks but motor does not engage

Alright, I charged the batteries and now have 38.2v... So I went through the test and want to walk through the process and what I found. Turned on the key switch, (the Tow switch is still off) and the direction switch in Forward. I connect my meter to the B- and M- controller terminals and get a reading of 36v. I also tested the first pin on the controller (the one that flashed and was melted.. Which I believe happened before my buying it) it also read 36v. I then turned on the Tow switch took a reading again on both the 1st pin and the B- and M-and get a reading on both of 1.8v to 1.6v... the volts fluctuate up and down somewhat quickly. When I push the pedal down just enough for the solenoid to click I do get a full 38.2v but no change as I slowly push the pedal down. Once I let off the pedal the volts start very slowly to fall... Once I turn off the Tow switch and then back on the reading goes back down to the fluctuating 1.8v - 1.6v.

One more thing I noticed when doing this testing, with about 30 seconds of turning on the Key and Tow switch, the solinoid resistor heats up too the point it cannot be touched. Before it seemed this only happend when the key switch was off and the a Tow switch was off but it heated up with both switches on.

Also, my cart does have the rubber boot on the back off the direction switch, so thank you Johnnieb for the schematic.. I will look over my wireing to make sure wireing is done right. Also thank you Jonnyb for the solinoid activation info.

Appreciate all the help!
Kencart is offline   Reply With Quote