View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 03:29 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Should the clutch also be worked on when lifting a cart?

Well if they are worn out they need replacement. I put a new secondary sheave on my cart as the ramps were torn up, I put new shoes in. It was also worn from the belt, you can see the belt has worn into the surface and dished it in. Then they don't shift right. However running stock power and 22 tires off road I put a umax spring in, which is a little stronger than stock, it helped. I bought the cut sheave not a std one, so it has more low gear for steep hills and towing. Last I put a HD Kevlar belt on it that is tiny bit wider. Now with that setup it worked a lot better. Later I put a clone engine in with more power and it worked ok because clones like to rev and I modded it some, but with more power I really didn't need all that stuff. I ended up running a stock spring with that. Later I had to move the engine and now run a different cogged belt. But mostly the extra torque of a larger engine (even a 15hp clone) makes a big difference and you don't need it. Stock power it was helpful. The cogged drive belts are just better anyway. I do run a different primary now that will rev up more to help the engine as it has a cam in it now, but stock it worked fine with the stock clutch.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote