View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #10
onewheelcop
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hunting Buggy Build. Help appreciated!!!

I just got my Alltrax SR600amp controller and 400amp solenoid with the upgraded diode and resistor. All 2ga wires everywhere. Freshly charged new 8 T105’s from a brand new 48v Accusense smart charger.

The difference in performance is AMAZING!!! It sure about the range because I am waiting on a volt meter to monitor my energy consumption so I don’t drain them below 48.4v.
But my oh my what a difference the 48v upgrade made. It will leave spin marks and hard pack gravel for 8’-10’ . Not that I will try to do that on pavement, but I bet it would carry the front tires if you wanted it too. Speed is up to 18mph from 11mph. I haven’t installed the lift or the 23” Bighorn tires yet so with everything I can read on tire comparison charts, going from 17” tires to 23” tires should give me an extra 7-9mph. So 26-28mph with a stock 2hp motor is awesome for me.
I will let everyone know the mileage when I get everything installed. I live in The Smokey Mountains in extreme mountainous conditions, this the reason for the 8 battery upgrade. With traditional 36v carts I could only get 10-15 miles on a charge. So I am realistically hoping for 20-25 miles. With my set up. I would be very pleased with that.
onewheelcop is offline   Reply With Quote